Bank Post-Transaction Surveys
Post transaction surveys are designed to measure satisfaction with any service interaction be it teller, new accounts, contact center.
The most common data collection methods for these surveys are email, telephone, web intercept and POS invites.
Objectives for post-transaction surveys may include:
- Measure satisfaction with a specific transaction
- Identify the key drivers of transaction satisfaction
- Measure the influence of transaction satisfaction on customer loyalty
- Link research to action by identifying behaviors which drive satisfaction
- Link research to financial measures to determine the relationship between branch post-transaction satisfaction and certain financial metrics such as branch deposit growth
For more information on defining research objectives to make your customer experience research more successful, see the following blog post:
Additionally, the following posts discuss best practices in research design:
Other Research Purposes
|Open account surveys identify the reasons behind new customers' selection of the bank for a new deposit account or loan – providing valuable insight into new customer identification and acquisition.|
|Closed account surveys identify sources of run-off or churn to provide insight into improving customer retention.|
|These surveys are used to determine the bank’s satisfaction, general image and positioning among its customer base and the broader community within its service area.|
|These surveys provide valuable information to managers about the bank’s satisfaction, loyalty and walletshare among its customer base.|
“For every customer who bothers to complain, 26 other customers remain silent.”
- White House Office of Consumer Affairs
Customer feedback is gold! Come up with internal processes to track complaints and go about fixing them. Also, do everything in your power to make it really easy for customers to give feedback and tell you about problems they are having. It takes time to sift through feedback, but the value added to your business is worth it!