In-Branch Bank Mystery Shopping
Platform/New Accounts Mystery Shopping
The purpose of new accounts/platform mystery shopping is to evaluate the customer experience in the platform sales channel among potential customers. The primary benefit of new accounts mystery shopping is not only to measure sales behaviors, but also to motive key sales behaviors that drive purchase intent as a result of the visit to the branch.
Sales channels and sales behaviors offer the most ROI relative to other types of shopping. In terms of prioritizing mystery shopping resources, shops of sales channels and sale behaviors should be the first priority. Kinēsis’ purchase intent based approach to mystery shopping is an excellent tool to identify and motivate sales behaviors that drive purchase intent.
For more information about efficacy of the branch sales process, click below:
Universal Associate Mystery Shopping
Increasingly bank clients are using universal associates with broad skill requirements working in lightly staffed branches. Broad skill requirements and light staffing mandate that the customer experience be monitored closely. Mystery shopping across a broad range of scenarios evaluates employee skill levels.
Teller Mystery Shopping
It is the employees who animate the brand, and it is imperative that teller service behaviors be aligned with the brand promise. Actions speak louder than words. Brands spend millions of dollars on external messaging to define an emotional connection with the customer. However, when a customer perceives a disconnect between an employee representing the brand and external messaging, they almost certainly will experience brand ambiguity. The result severely undermines these investments, not only for the customer in question, but their entire social network. In today’s increasingly connected world, one bad experience could be shared hundreds if not thousands of times over.
Additionally, tellers are increasingly expected to identify sales opportunities in their daily interactions with customers. Kinēsis can present tellers with referral or cross sell opportunities to evaluate if they are identified by the teller.
For more information about service and sales attributes that drive purchase intent, click below:
Video Teller Mystery Shopping
As with the other branch types, a random sampling of all interaction types will yield a valid sample of transactions these branches perform. As with the other branch types, automated email or mobile surveys will provide a near real time view of the experience. Mystery shopping may be used to evaluate service interactions with video tellers, investment advisors or tellers.
For more information about the customer experience measurement implications of the changing branch model, click below:
In-Branch Bank Mystery Shopping Objectives
Kinēsis bank mystery shopping program can help financial institutions address a number of questions, including:
- How well do employees meet company service standards and customers’ service expectations?
- How have customers’ experiences with the institution’s service changed over time?
- Which bankers and branches are top performers in providing service and could therefore serve as role models?
- How does a customer’s service experience influence his/her intent to purchase or open an account?
- What banker behaviors drive intent to purchase or open an account?
- What are the causes of customers’ positive and negative service experiences?
- How does a company’s customer service relate to the industry norms in Kinēsis’ database of industry experience?
- What employee training, compensation, or other investment will have the greatest impact on employee contribution to revenue?
- How can the company best coach employees?
What customers want, what drives purchase intent, is personal: attention to needs, interest in helping, personalized service, professional, courteous and friendly encounters.